June 3, 2015
May 10, 2015
1. Heat medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter to melt.
2. Add onions and celery and cook until soft, about 15 minutes
3. Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.
4. Working in 2 or 3 batches, add contents of saucepan to food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. For a thicker consistency, puree until just smooth or just before smooth. For a thinner consistency, puree longer.
5. Return puree to the pan. Add milk and reheat until warm; do not boil. Season with salt and pepper.
April 22, 2015
Makes 4 servings
8oz pkg fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, julienned
½ cup dry white wine
1 lb salmon, cut into four 4oz portions
Salt & Pepper, to taste
¼ cup milk (1% is fine)
½ tsp salt
1 small pinch nutmeg
½ cup grated cheese (pepper jack for some punch or milder like cheddar)
2 cups pasta, cooked 2 minutes under